Donegal Enterprise Fund Careers
SME Export Business Advisor
Donegal County Enterprise Fund on behalf of Local Enterprise Office Donegal seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of SME Export Advisor. The position is full-time and will be based at the Enterprise Fund Business Centre, Ballyraine, Letterkenny. The executive will report to the Head of Enterprise, Local Enterprise Office Donegal (or their assigns).
The Donegal Local Enterprise Office (LEO) is a first stop shop for any small business looking to start or grow across the country. The vision for the LEO is to develop and sustain a positive enterprise ecosystem at local level throughout the country that will drive new added-value start-ups, facilitate further growth of micro and small businesses and enhance local economies.
The position of SME Export Advisor is to assist and drive the development and delivery of an integrated range of actions and programmes to promote entrepreneurship and increase the number of new business start-ups, grow existing small and micro firms through a range of supports aimed at assisting small businesses to innovate, embrace digital transformation and adopt more environmentally friendly practices, become first-time exporters and achieve ambitious development objectives.
This is a key role that will require the successful candidate to work directly with core LEO clients to improve the management of business processes, introduce innovation that will impact results, enhance performance and assist start-ups and small businesses across the country to grow and create employment.
Role, Duties & Responsibilities
The SME Export Advisor will perform such duties as may be assigned from time to time and which will involve the facilitation, implementation and promotion of the policies and objectives for the advancement of the Local Enterprise Office and in particular the aims and objectives as set out in the LEO Local Enterprise Development Plan 2021-2024 and the Donegal 2030 Strategic Enterprise Development Plan.
Such duties include inter alia:
- The provision of one to one business advice and guidance to anyone thinking about starting a business or any existing business in Donegal.
- Pro-actively engaging with local businesses, especially the Local Enterprise Office portfolio clients – providing advice, evaluating their plans and strategies, recommending actions and engaging in regular review meetings.
- Development and managing the delivery of new and existing training and management development programmes in response to the needs of small businesses including preparation of programmes specifications, processing of tenders/quotes, client recruitment and engagement, ensuring the recording of all outputs and deliverables and managing the allocated budgets.
- Develop and lead initiatives designed to support microenterprises increase performance and competitiveness including programmes such as Digital Transformation and Green which will help to build resilience.
- Engage with portfolio companies who are growing, to support them to reach their potential and increase market share by maximising uptake of the full range of LEO supports.
- Develop and identify initiatives that will help LEO clients with their exporting activities and work in collaboration to ensure clients are directed and can have access to the most appropriate support as it pertains to their stage of export.
Candidates should ideally have:
- Three years previous experience of working in or with small business.
- A relevant third level qualification.
- Previous experience of business development and collaboration.
- A good knowledge of current challenges and emerging opportunities for small business.
- Previous experience in project management.
- Be self-motivated and ambitious.
- Have good writing and IT skills.
Salary: Starting at €44,574 (LA Grade V)
Employment Base: Enterprise Fund Business Centre, Ballyraine, Letterkenny.
Duration: 2 year full-time contract with initial 3 and 6 month reviews.
To apply send your CV and cover letter to Donegal County Enterprise Fund, Enterprise Fund Business Centre, Ballyraine, Letterkenny or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Friday 30th September 2022.
Further details regarding the position can be obtained by clicking the link on the website